Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hello There

Alright! So it's been months, literally. I am pretty sure of the possibility that no one will ever read this because I have been gone so long that even the few people who did read my blog probably don't anymore. Well, that's o.k. I am thinking that this  is more therapeutic for me, than interesting for others.


I am going through a time...well, I am not sure what to call it, but I do know that we all experience it...a time when you feel motivated to change things, improve your life. I know that that God has been whispering, and so I feel determined to work on the things that have been on my heart. Some of it has been easier than others.


Church
I recently began attending a new church. For so long, I had tried to make that decision, but just never could. I don't know why now, did I made the decision to go elsewhere and stick with it, and I am amazed how God is blessing that decision. He has open doors for worship, spiritual growth, and new relationships. He's not finished with me yet, and I am so excited to see where He'll lead. Thank you, Father.


Work
I remember having a parent teacher conference in the 8th grade. My dad and my teacher were talking to me about spending too much time on my school work. Some things never change! Look up workaholic in the dictionary...yep, that would be me. I do think it's part of being 30 and single. What else have I got to do? Well, I am really working on that right now. I may not have anyone else who needs my time, but at a certain point, I need my time! I left school today at 4:30...woohoo! I am tired of being exhausted, burnt out, and not having enough time to enjoy something else, anything else! So while 4:30 is nothing to brag about, it's an improvement. 


Relationships
Now this one is definitely the hardest one for me. I couldn't wish more that it was easier for me, but I am trying to shed my fears. Only by God's grace have I been blessed so richly with friends, because I certainly didn't get them with my totally outgoing personality. Now, I am making an effort to place myself in situations where I will meet someone new. 


Please, Lord, bless my life
Draw me nearer to you
I am yours, do your will



2 comments:

  1. Wow! I haven't been on here in months either. Yet for some reason I decided to check it out tonight. I think we are on the same wave length! Maybe we really are sisters? ... I am proud of you for taking charge of your life. Although I think you've done a fabulous job so far these past 30 years. I am excited to see what else is in store for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Look at you! We MUST be on the same wave length. It was totally exciting to see that I actually had a comment! Love you!

    ReplyDelete