Monday, June 7, 2010

Schooooools Out For Summer

Yes...school...is...out! Which means I will be finding all kinds of ways to keep myself busy! I am the project queen over summer. As my grandmother says, I inherited the "crafty gene", which generally means I start a whole bunch of projects and get some of them finished. One particular project that I began, drum roll please, two summers ago, I am bound and determined to finish this summer. I decided to try my hand at some quilting and my grandmother has been very helpful in this whole adventure and she's told me that if I can just finish putting it together, she'll do the quilting for me. So here it is...you'll have to have a little imagination. I only have one row to finish and then I can put the top together.
I have also been playing with my mantel since my last post and I wanted to post some before and after shots. 




















It still doesn't feel just right to me, but I definitely like it a lot better.

I recently had a friend visit who definitely went above and beyond! She helped me paint my bathroom! I hope that this summer I can replace the lighting fixture and make all the old gold light switches white. Take a look:



We'll see! I have a lot to do in a little time, but it's good to have goals, right? 

3 comments:

  1. Love the new bathroom color. I need to come to your place soon. Maybe a (half) day trip with the girls. What could we do that's fun in Duluth? Shorty Howell? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan. I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh I am lovin that quilt!! :) Way to go, D! Lauren I'd love to hang w/your kiddos, too, if you girls want company! Danyella always tells me how cute they are!

    ReplyDelete